Frequently Asked QuestionsExpand all
What are the documents to be produced for registration?
The executants/claimant’s of the document along with the document to be registered should produce the necessary original link documents, Encumbrance certificate for period of min.30 years, Patta copy and other such documents as required by the Sub-Registrar.
What are the evidences to be produced at time of registration?
The executants ,claimants and witnesses to the document should be present at time of registration alongwith original Identity proof such Adhar card or Voter ID card or Driving licence etc. and passport size photographs of executants and claimant.
What are the requisites to avail 50 % stamp duty concession for women purchaser?
- Ration Card issued in the name of the claimant(s) by the Government of Puducherry; (or)
- An extract of the valid Passport issued in the name of the claimant(s), showing residence in the Union territory of Puducherry; (or)
- Certified copy of the relevant page of the Electoral Roll containing the name of the claimant(s), which exists at the time of the registration of the instrument; (or)
- Document showing LPG connection and Electricity connection issued in the name of the claimant(s) or spouse by the Government of Puducherry (both together for a period of not less than one year); (or)
- Document showing LPG connection and drinking water connection issued in the name of the claimant(s) or spouse issued by the Government of Puducherry (both together for a period of not less than one year); (or)
- Certificate from appropriate authority showing that the claimant(s) or spouse has declared any place in the Union territory of Puducherry as her/his home-town, in cases of Defense /Paramilitary and Police personnel.
What is the time limit for getting the Encumbrance Certificate?
From 2007 onwards the indexes are computerized and the encumbrance certificates are issued within 4 working days ,for a period before 2006 manual search has to be done which will take a maximum of 1 week.
What is Guideline Value? How to ascertain?
Guideline Value of any land should truly reflect the market value. Guideline values have been fixed for all the areas in the UT of Puducherry. The guideline values have been fixed every year by the concerned deputy collector(revenue) of department of revenue and disaster managment. To know your Guideline (GLR) Value , Click here
What is an encumbrance certificate? Why do we need?
The encumbrance certificate contains all the transactions registered relating to particular property for a period (as required). It is advisable to get encumbrance certificate before effecting any transactions as it will give information about previous transactions. This will also help in arriving at proper entitlement of the property.
How to find out the stamp duty payable?
The website contains a process for calculation of stamp duty. Even counters in sub registrar offices have been opened for replying to such queries.
What are the Fees rates for the services offered by this department?
The website contains fee list for all the services offered by this department.Click here to know more
Can I get the required information directly from the Sub-Registrar?
Yes. the registering officer is required to give any sort of information regarding registration.
What are all the documents required for registration of Hindu Marriage?
The list of documents required for registration of Hindu marriage / Special marriage is provided in the website. Click here to know more
What are the precautions public should take before enrolling in a chit?
Ensure that the Company, is a genuine one and the Chit group is registered one. You have right to demand copy of bye laws from the registration department.